The interior of the church
Today's church is a single-nave late Renaissance building with a subsequently added spacious apse. The apse houses the sacristy, and above it is the choir area/priesthood choir dating from 1762. The choir area is custom- and hand-made out of wood. Today it is under the special protection of the Republic of Croatia. Here we can also see the organ produced by the well-known organ builder Petar Nakić.
At the Altar of Our Lady (the first altar to the left of the main altar) is a statue of Our Lady of the Angels (1729, wood).
It is interesting to note that the Mother of God is dressed in a bright colour which is rare in church art. Namely, the Mother of God is usually dressed in a blue or white cloak, whilst here she is dressed in green colours decorated with plentiful tiny flowers which associate with the national costumes typical of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
* More information in the audio guide