Inscriptions above the entrance door of the church.
The inscription is written in Croatian Cyrillic, the alphabet which came from Bulgaria and which the Croats were using as early as the 10th century. Over the course of time certain letters were changed – shaped according to the Glagolitic alphabet (Glagolitsa), thus the Croatian Cyrillic differs from the Eastern Cyrillic alphabet.
The inscription reads:
THIS CHURCH WAS DEDICATED BY MASTER FRANCESCO BALENOVIĆ THE BISHOP OF BOSNIA, POŽEGA AND BIOGRAD IN HONOUR OF OUR HOLY LADY ON THE FIRST DAY OF DECEMBER IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD 1589.
* More information in the audio guide